Monday, June 12, 2006

Ten Things I Believe

1.) I believe the life of a professional musician seems romantic and exciting. But, I believe I could never do that -- even if I was talented enough.

2.) I believe German chocolate ice cream is superior to all other flavors of ice cream.

3.) I believe in make-believe.

4.) I believe attending an opening day major league baseball game is thrilling and exciting, provided you are there with good friends -- even if you don't like baseball.

5.) I believe that bad people exist, and they don't always get what they deserve. Good people don't always get what they deserve, either.

6.) I believe solitude is a necessary function of soul and sanity. But, solitude should be a result of intent rather than circumstance.

7.) I believe in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

8.) I believe constitutionalized discrimination desecrates the foundations of freedom in the manner that slavery dehumanized black people and the inability to vote marginalized the worth of women.

9.) I believe you have the capacity to realize your dreams, but I fear you will never truly believe it.

10.) I believe most people will never understand that Springsteen's Nebraska is an aural, poetic, spiritual masterpiece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home